Sodium Glucose Transporter-2 (SGLT2) Inhibition to Prevent Chemotherapy Induced Cardiotoxicity?
December 4, 2021 | RR Baliga , MD, MBA
PodKast: Sodium Glucose Transporter-2 (SGLT2) Inhibition to Prevent Chemotherapy Induced Cardiotoxicity?
- Scafoglio C, et al. Functional expression of sodium-glucose transporters in cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015
- Scafoglio CR, et al. Sodium-glucose transporter 2 is a diagnostic and therapeutic target for early-stage lung adenocarcinoma. Sci Transl Med. 2018
- Martinez CA, Scafoglio C. Heterogeneity of Glucose Transport in Lung Cancer. Biomolecules. 2020
- Paternostro G, Camici PG, Lammerstma AA, Baliga RR, et al. Cardiac and skeletal muscle insulin resistance in patients with coronary heart disease. A study with positron emission tomography. J Clin Invest. 1996;98(9):2094‐2099.
- Bassi NS, Ziaeian B, Yancy CW, Fonarow GC. Association of Optimal Implementation of Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter 2 Inhibitor Therapy With Outcome for Patients With Heart Failure [published online ahead of print, 2020 May 6]. JAMA Cardiol. 2020
- Fang JC. Heart-Failure Therapy - New Drugs but Old Habits?. N Engl J Med. 2019
- McMurray JJV, Solomon SD, Inzucchi SE, et al. Dapagliflozin in Patients with Heart Failure and Reduced Ejection Fraction. N Engl J Med. 2019;381(21):1995‐2008.